Sunday, July 12, 2009

City of Light

Yesterday we biked from the South through the Paris suburbs to Paul and Danielle Zilk's place near the Eiffel Tower. They have the 5th floor of a building here. If you have ever seen the movie ¨TAKEN¨, it reminds you of the place where the girls were kidnapped. Paul told me that scenes from the movie ¨Bourne Identity¨ were filmed in his building.

Danielle prepared an unbelievable meal. We started out with champagne, then foie gras with sauterne. The main course was roast lamb, which was excellent. Paul served a great bordeaux with it. The meal was topped off with two desserts accompanied by champagne.

Rob and Cheryl Crim and their two kids, Haley and Jake, joined us. The three of us former college roommates have not been together since my wedding in 1986. It was great getting back together and getting the opportunity to know their kids and for them to get to know Jordan.

Today, Jordan and I met the Crims at The Louve. After touring the museum for several hours, we had lunch at a neqrby cafe. I then hailed a cab for Jordan so she could get back and get ready to go to the U2 concert with Paul. He had an extra ticket and I thought she would enjoy it more than me. She just got back and said it was incredible. I will post some cool pics tomorrow.

By the way, I found out that Wrigley and Aslan made the Columbus Dispatch on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment