Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Leaving Paris

It is early Wednesday morning and we will be leaving Paul and Danielle's apartment soon. Yesterday was Bastille Day, France's equivalent of July 4th. Paul and I got to see the parade from a special vantage point. He had landed two tickets in the VIP section. All the different divisions of the French military marched by, followed by a lot of cool hardware. I heard a good joke about a French veteran selling a French military rifle. His ad read ¨Rifle in good condition. Never been fired and only dropped twice¨.

Last night we watched the fireworks from Paul's. They fire them off from various levels of the Eiffel Tower. Best I have ever seen. We will post pictures later.

Au Revoir!

2 comments:

  1. Mole,

    Great photo of you and Jordan with the Eiffel Tower in the back ground. I am proud to see that you are sporting The Ohio State Buckeyes insignia on your shirt. Based on that kind of spirit I have decided to take matters into my own hands and grant you an honorary degree from The Ohio State University. Congratulations! I'm proud beyond words.

    Love,

    Rhubes

    ReplyDelete
  2. With such great pictures, I feel like I'm there. Jordan looks happy in the City of Love. Re: joke, I think that is why they say the French are lovers because they make lousy warriors. Ride on!
    Mitz

    ReplyDelete